#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, July 17, 2015

Ireland Pics & T-14 Weeks to REVIVAL

Aloha,

My first book, REVIVAL: The Donald Braswell Story comes out in a meerkat (I keep hiding & ducking) fourteen weeks!

I'm happy to report nothing will go wrong and all my marketing plans have proven to be brilliant.
(Shoot, I forgot... it's not fiction, it's a memoir:)

In any case, I'm continuing the soft sell (if the book isn't good enough, no amount of CoverBlogHops is going to help) so what's a guy supposed to do?

Why not go to Ireland with your eldest son? Ok, then.

 I hide his identity better than he wears Donatello's mask, but here's part one of my recent trip with No. 1 Son(8).

We flew from Washington, D.C. July 4...


....and found a rainbow in Dublin July 5

My neighborhood at 10 p.m. !!!

Ma cooked her son an Irish Breakfast

Only in Ireland... a bottle opener attached to the TV stand!!
 
I originally laughed when I heard a chip company opened a theme park...
 

Ireland and its many cemeteries... this one by a major tributary...

This one is *next* to the men's restroom at above-mentioned theme park...

*This* View...

...Really Happens...

...A Lot !!!

...After the Guinness has been delivered :)

These two Marks know each other 40 years...

Church where my parents married...

500 yards away...another church (it's Ireland!)

 
Friends don't let friends dress as Vikings....

...Unless this is your Viking Vehicle (Ask for Paul: YEAH!!)


And, oh my... once you get out of Dublin...

This road is great if your legs hurt so much that walking a mountain is impossible


How old is this cottage? 200 years? What happened??

Where did the family go? America? Cordoba?
 
Next week... part two... and I'm sure some book news, too... maybe?? :)


16 comments:

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Love the pictures! It looks like an awesome trip so far!

M.J. Fifield said...

Love the bottle opener on the TV stand. Makes me think that maybe I should attach one to my sofa. You know...for my friend.

The pictures are great. Hope you both are having a wonderful trip.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the pictures though I confess I loathed Guiness the one and only time I tried it.
I am very, very excited about REVIVAL, and look forward to reading it immensely.

Jo said...

Only thing wrong with that breakfast is the baked beans. When I was a kid in the UK we never ate those with our breakfast. Looks like you are having a great time. Hope son #1 is enjoying it.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Enjoyed traveling with you. (I really want in on that Irish breakfast)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Some great photos, Mork! I think you were actually chasing all of the Guiness trucks.

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

So glad you took the trip. My husband has always wanted to go there! Can't wait for more pictures and stories week!

Carrie Butler said...

Looks fun! When are you taking your writing friends on a tour? ;)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark - what a wonderful opportunity to take your #1 son with you and see your homeland. Mark and Mark ... and lovely photos - bet you're having a wonderful time ... and everyone's loving seeing their American friend and son back ... enjoy and make sure it's only a glass of the black stuff, and not a truck load?!?! Cheers Hilary

Melissa said...

Those are some great pics!
How neat for your son to get to see all that!

Put me on the list to promo for you in a meercat 14 weeks. :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Wow! What a trip to make with your son! I hope he turned out to be a good traveler. (Not all kids are.) And that he recognized and enjoyed the many differences between home and not-home.

Personally, I think what amazed me most on my first trip to Europe was how many ways there were to flush a toilet other than the handle I was used to! :)

Mark Means said...

A chip theme park? Very interesting....but your book, I'm sure, will be more interesting so best of luck with it!

Suzi said...

I've never been to Ireland, but would love to go. Unfortunately I don't have any Ma's to cook me breakfast. Could I borrow yours when I go? :)

SpacerGuy said...

An Irish breaky and a Guiness would go down real well right about now. Great place to market your book, Ireland. Leonard Nimoy did a book signing at Easons in 1995, drew thousands of people!

Al Diaz said...

I also believe you were chasing the trucks...and probably assaulting them hahahahahaha. Dragon Hugs!

Debra Renée Byrd said...

Those only in Ireland photos. WOW. lol

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;